Academy Information, Values, Aims and Ethos
Headteacher: Andrew Lund - BA Hons, NPQH
Chair of Governors: Martin Stephenson
SENCo: Kristian Moore - Assistant Headteacher
Values, Aims and Ethos
We aim to provide our students with an education which will enable them to cope with the demands of modern society.
We have high expectations of our students both academically and socially.
We wish to ensure that our students learn to make the most of their talents and develop the skills and abilities that they will need to cope with life in an ever-changing society.
For each student, it is the school's aim to provide the highest standards possible in terms of:
- academic progress and achievement;
- sixth form opportunities;
- moral, spiritual and physical development;
- security, support and care;
- standards of dress, behaviour and discipline;
- a well-resourced, wide and enriching curriculum;
- teaching commitment and expertise;
- educational and vocational guidance;
- opportunities for extra-curricular activities.
Appleby Grammar School "In the Community - For the Community"